Monday, September 24, 2007

Sicky Sickness

So I know it seems like it has been forever since I blogged last....but alot has been going on. My work had our annual Summit, where we hosted over 100 people for a full day of Afterschool Agenda Items...and who do you think was in charge of it all...ummm, yeah, me...so that was last Wednesday and I have to say it went off without a hitch....I know, I already patted myself on the back!!!

Then Wednesday afternoon I get a call from Wendy (Kade's sitter) saying that Kade has woken up from his nap with a 103 degree fever. So I call Keith (because that was the only day in the entire year that I couldnt leave work) and he goes to get Kade and take him home. Well the fever continued until Friday morning, when I decided to take Kade to the doctor. Turns out, he had an ear infection. So the doc wrote a prescription for Amoxicillin (you remember that awesome pink medicine!), but stressed that if Kade wasnt seeming to be in too much pain, that we might not want to give him the meds...you know, build up of resistance to antibiotics and all. So, I didnt get it filled...Kade's temp went away and all seemed to be returning to normal by Friday afternoon.

So on Saturday, we waited until about halftime of the game and went to the Stadium (staying in the shade the entire time.) Kade played with his friends and seemed to be great.

When we got home Keith and I noticed that a slight rash had broken out on Kade's chest and face...so we kept an eye on it.

Sunday, the rash was still there...apparently babies get rashes if they have high fevers...who knew??!!

Anyways, he is all better today...the rash is still there slightly, but he seems to feel completely fine...so he is back at daycare and I am back at work.

No comments: