Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Good News/Bad News (well kinda "bad")

The good news...So Keith and I went to the doctor again this morning. Dr. Burks wanted to see if we could see the heart beating...and we did. Dr. Burks asked how I was doing....I told him of how I was nauseated all the time and about all the throwing up (I was actually lighter in weight today than I was 2 weeks ago.) He prescribed Reglan for me (and I can already tell a difference!!!). Dr. Burks measured the baby and it is now 1/3 of an inch long....growing like a weed!!! AND looks completely like a cocoon...

The line is over the baby....the thing on the right is the yok (sp?) sac and will eventually be absorbed into the baby's intestines.

Dr. Burks did say that because I have been so sick, it means that the baby should be very healthy and that I am growing a very healthy placenta for it to live in...yea me!!!

The bad news...he noticed that the baby was only measuring up to about 7 weeks, not 8. So he and I started talking and we figured out that I am actually only about 7.5 weeks along instead of 8.5....so, Dr. Burks feels confident about moving the due date from 4-7-08 to 4-15-08....so for now we definitely will have an April baby on our hands!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's the kind of "bad" news we like...you had us worried for a minute. Glad to hear you got some drugs to help you feel better!!

The Barnes Crew said...

I completely ditto your friends Justin & Heather's thoughts! I'm so excited for you guys! Since I'm done having kids (4 is enough but I love babies) I'll have to live vicariously through you! :)