So last week, we realized that we had a mole in the backyard. No, the dogs were no help in this matter, the mole still made its way into the yard and began its duty of tunnel-making (and yard destruction.) So as we were researching some courses of action we were given some interesting advice by different people. Here is what went down:
Upon asking Pops (my dad) about moles, he said to put human hair into the mole holes and they would run away from the hair....? I know. But that is what he said....(this all coming from the man that hangs ziploc bags of water over every entrance to the house to combat against flies...but that is a whole other story...) Too bad, I had JUST gotten a hair cut THAT day, and didnt save any hair. AND we all know how "hair challenged" Keith is (yes it is by choice)....still, no help from him. AND I was NOT going to cut Kade's hair to put into the hole...so aside from going and asking a neighbor for their hair, this option was out.
Keith had a meeting with the baseball coach - Coach J - and he asked Coach J if he knew anything about moles. Coach J said that he didnt, but his advice was to "just call someone" because if Keith did kill it then "you will have to deal with a dead animal." To this Keith's actual response was, "Coach, I'm from Alabama, dead animals dont bother me!" (I know, can we BE anymore redneck and proud of it!!) And Coach J burst into laughter....no help there.
Lastly, Keith went to Lowes and was talking to the guy there. The guy was like, "Okay, well, this will help you catch the mole..." as he is showing Keith some traps. And Keith replys, "No, I want to KILL IT." So the guy shows him something else and says, "Well this will help you get rid of it..." To which Keith replys, "Look, I dont want to send it to someone else's yard, I WANT TO KILL IT!!!" So finally Keith decided on some poison to put down into the holes...he gets it, brings it home and deposits the poison into the mole hole.
Last weekend we went out and checked on our mole...only to find that we really think it is gone. Killed, maybe...run away, maybe that too. Who knows. All we know is the poison was all gone and there are no new tracks in the yard. Way to go Keith...we will just call him "Mole Hunter" from now on!!!
As for the mole, I am just waiting for Atlas or Matti to bring the ugly thing up on the doorstep...GROSS!!!
1 comment:
We could use your mole hunter expertise!! Oh & I LOVE Big & Rob too...they are hysterical!
Post a Comment