Okay, so I understand that Easter and Christmas are probably the 2 biggest Church days of the year. I get that. However, what about all the other Sundays in between? I mean, by no means do Keith, Kade, and I make it EVERY weekend, but I would venture to say, we attend about 90-95% of the time.
So getting to my point, this weekend, we arrived about 10 minutes early for Mass (knowing that there would be a big crowd) and had already decided to sit in the cry room before we got there...Kade hasnt yet learned the difference between outside and inside voices. Anyway, when we walked into the cry room, it was PACKED!!! Every seat had someone in it, and Kade and I were able to "get" the last two folding chairs at the back of the room. Keith came in from parking the car and said that the amount of people had filled up the church, so much, that there were people standing in the lobby all the way out the doors (with no where to sit). Keith ended up giving up his seat to a mother with a baby and standing or kneeling on one leg for the duration of the Mass. But as I looked around, in the cry room, I noticed there were families where EVERY child was sitting in their own seat. I mean, couldnt the Mom and the Dad hold a kid to make room for other people? And men who would blatantly see mothers with little babies, and NOT GET UP and offer their seats!!! And there were families that didnt even have little children...just because you have kids, doesnt mean the cry room is the place for you....it's for little children and their families. Then, there were people in there that DIDNT even have children with them. Hello...again, it's the cry room...for kids that cant be quiet...not for adults just to get a seat.
And then just the fact that the Church was packed out....I mean, I understand that going to Mass one day a year is better than nothing, but I wanted to take a poll...."If you havent been to Mass all year, stand up?" Then those people should be the ones that have to stand at the back of the Church...I mean, it's only fair. And I know, I know, that's not the Christian way to feel....but I cant help it - that's how I feel. But in the long run, I understand there is no VIP in God's eye...I guess we should just be glad that those people CAME to Church, even if it will be a year until we see them again!
2 comments:
Our Church does not even have a cry room. Two times in a row Heather got up with the little because she was fussy and then people snagged the seat and I was forced to endure the crazy late people for the rest of mass.
I think somehow we are being taught patience - which I need.
I feel your pain, sister...we didn't go on Easter for that very reason (gasp, I know!) and had a little service at home of our own!
Post a Comment