So this weekend was rather low key, even though it feels like we didnt stop all weekend. On Friday night, the Strength Staff had a cookout at the Stoner's house...so we went and ate and let the kids play together. Jarrett (Stoner), who is almost 2 and Kade play so well together...they were jumping in the ball pit and running after one another...they really are pretty cute together.
Then on Saturday, the Strength Coaches had their annual Clinic...so Keith was up and out the door really early. Kade and I got up and went running on the trail (well, I ran and Kade got pushed in the stroller!) Anyway, I ended up running a 5K...not in a race, just the distance, and ran alittle slower than my last timed race...but I havent run really hard in about a month because of my injured leg (shin splints!!) anyway, I think I did pretty well...considering that Kade started screaming towards the end and I think I sprinted the last 2K because I didnt want to hear him cry anymore!!!
Then we showered and went up to have lunch with Keith...pizza. Kade actually ate the pizza...loved the cheese and pepperoni, but didnt like the sausage. He ended up eating about 2 pieces...what a piglet!!
We went home, Kade napped, I cleaned the house and waited for Keith to come home. Then, the Staff and families all went out to eat. Somehow the Staff was able to get a "gift-in-kind" so that the entire Staff and families could eat for free!!! It was really fun...but the food wasnt great!!
While at the restaurant, Keith and Kade were playing this football game were you throw the football and try to complete passes. Well, of course Kade couldnt complete the pass - he was barely making it over the glass into the game! - anyway, there were a bunch of sorority girls having drinks at the bar and Keith said that one particularly drunk one came over and started talking to Kade, "Can you throw it? Come on, throw the ball, you can do it, throw it, throw the ball..." over and over and over...so finally Keith is like (in a loud voice), "He cant throw it, he's only 1!!!" So then the girl puts her hands out and of course, Kade leans over and goes to her...now Keith is thinking, "Oh great, now the drunk girl HAS KADE!!!" So Keith quickly took Kade back and the girl's friend came and took her home...so great, our son's first experience with drunken sorority girls....!!??
Anyways, back to the weekend events. So Sunday we got up and had breakfast with our downstairs neighbors, then Keith and Kade went to the weightroom to workout 2 baseball guys. Then I met them up at the field and we all went to the baseball game. Did yall know that MIZZOU is 2nd in the Big 12 in baseball? I know, me neither...but they are REALLY good!!! Anyways, we went for a while...but it was so hot and sunny (and right in the middle of Kade's naptime) that we left in the 6th inning and went home to let the little guy sleep.
Last night, we went and ate at Chili's (thanks GK and Pops for the gift card), made the weekly run to WalMart and went home. We put Kade to sleep then we watched "Night at the Museum." It really was a cute movie!! And funny too. I would recommend it!!
So back to work today. Keith and his co workers are traveling to Ohio this week to go and train at Westside Barbell Club...so it will just be Kade and I from Thursday to Sunday :-( . We will miss our Daddy, but we know that he is sooooooo excited about going to that place and meeting all the big powerlifters.
No comments:
Post a Comment